Saturday, January 6, 2024

The Cookie Recipe I Keep Coming Back To

 



I’ve been baking and cooking for as long as I can remember. And I have a serious sweet tooth. It seems to run in the family too, so perhaps I never really stood a chance! Then I came across this recipe for the Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies, and somehow, I haven't felt the need to look for another one since.

They literally and figuratively nailed it.

There is something deeply satisfying about finding a recipe that gets everything right. The texture, the flavor, the little details that make you want to bake it again. And yes, I have tried another “ultimate” Brownie recipe since then by them. I loved that one too, and I might share it here sometime.

But this one remains a favourite.

Also, a little observation from an Indian kitchen. The recipe talks about brown butter as though it has discovered some magical ingredient and has the top 5 smells in the culinary world, (it's a joke but...) We call it ghee. 😄 It sits on Indian kitchen shelves, appears on our dining tables, and has been part of our cooking traditions for generations.

And I completely agree with the recipe on one thing: That smell of browned butter is one of the best smells in the world. 😍 Now excuse me while I go bake another batch.

No comments:

Thank You, Gloria!

More than a generation of women owe something of their lives, their choices, and their freedom to this woman. Thank you, Gloria, for being ...